Kansas Association of Insurance Agents (KAIA) is dedicated to promoting and advancing the interests of the independent insurance system.
Founded in 1920, KAIA represents more than 500 independent insurance agencies and branches across the state. We have member agencies located in every Kansas county.
Our members are small businesses that employ more than 3,000 licensed agents in communities throughout the state. As independent agents, our members provide Kansas consumers with choice, customization and advocacy in both their personal and commercial insurance coverage. Our member agencies offer all lines of insurance, including property, casualty, life, health, employee benefit plans and retirement products.
Our association became known as KAIA in 1992 through a merger of the Professional Insurance Agents of Kansas (PIAK) and the Independent Insurance Agents of Kansas (IIAK). On the national level, KAIA is affiliated with the Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America, Inc. (IIABA).
KAIA's mission is to:
- Provide professional development
- Meet the business needs of independent agents in Kansas
- Represent their interests before government and regulatory bodies
- Encourage integrity and high ethical standards
- Provide insurance information to members and the public through a private, nonprofit, member-driven association