KAIA membership is designed to help independent agencies operate at peak performance by offering a full spectrum of member services designed to help you grow your business and prepare both new and experienced independent agents for success in today's insurance market.
Independently owned and operated insurance agencies that do business in Kansas are eligible for Agency membership in KAIA. Member agencies may not be affiliated or under common ownership with a direct writer or captive agency.
Member agency dues are based on your agency's property/casualty premium volume in Kansas. Volume includes all owned (50% ownership or more) subsidiaries and branches. There is no additional charge for branch offices.
Member Agency Benefits
- Access to the best E&O coverage in the country for your agency
- Access to sell members-only insurance markets, including coverage for auto, home, medical professional liability, financial institutions, local governments, schools, nonprofit D&O, Realtors E&O and more
- Industry advice, such as our Legal Hotline and online Technical Library
- The latest industry news and trends through KAIA's bi-monthly magazine and bi-weekly e-newsletter
- Access to industry data and contacts, such as Annual Agency's Guide to Company Appointments, state insurance filings, and the annual KAIA Member Directory
- Membership in the Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America (IIABA) and access to all of IIABA's member benefits, such as their monthly magazine, members-only web content and Virtual University
Marketing & Advertising
- Reimbursement of your advertising and community sponsorship costs through the Trusted Choice program (maximum reimbursement is equal half your membership dues)
- Professional branding and increased consumer awareness of independent agencies through the Trusted Choice statewide advertising campaign
Continuing Education & Training
- Year-round continuing education opportunities throughout the state, including live, web-based classes you can take from your own computer
- Class schedules for earning CIC and/or CISR designation
- Short-term and long-term intensive sales training for new agents, including ability to earn AIP designation
- Special events, including golf outings, an annual conference geared toward rural and smaller agencies, a conference geared toward agency owners and management level employees, and a conference geared toward young agents
- Active young agents group designed to help new producers learn more about the insurance business, gain confidence, and build a network of support within the industry
Influence & Advocacy
- Representation at the Kansas Legislature on insurance and small business issues, plus up-to-date information on legislation that affects your agency through KAIA's Capitol Notes legislative e-newsletter
- A voice in both state and national elections through our political action committees (KIAPAC and InsurPac)
- Networking and idea-sharing opportunities with independent insurance agents from across the state
Find out what membership
can do for your agency
Want to become a member?Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, or click here to
download the application. All applications for membership are subject to KAIA board approval.
Renewing your Membership?
Click here to pay your membership online. Email email@example.com today if you have questions or need additional assistance.