Agent Licensing

Licensing in the State of Kansas is administered by the Kansas Insurance Department. Click on the tabs below to learn more about the licensing, renewal and continuing education requirements in Kansas. 

Studying and Practice Exams

KAIA offers study materials to help individuals prepare for the Life/Health or Property/Casualty exams. The study materials outline most content covered in the examination and include an access code for individuals to take online practice tests. Materials may be ordered by calling the KAIA office at 1-800-229-7048.

  • KAIA member rate: $59.95 plus tax and shipping/handling
  • Non-member rate: $79.95 for non-members plus tax and shipping/handling

For Public Adjuster License: Use the Property/Casualty study book.

For Bail Bonds License: Use the Property/Casualty book. Bail bond agents are required to pass only the Kansas Laws and Regulations examination.



Click here for more information about taking the licensing exams.

Agent Licensing

How to get licensed in Kansas​

Types of licenses available in Kansas

Taking the licensing exam

Meeting the continuing education requirements

Renewing your license


For information on how to get licensed as an insurance agent in Kansas, contact:

Kansas Insurance Department
Agents and Brokers Division
420 SW 9th
Topeka, KS 66612-1678

When do agent licenses
come up for renewal?
Licenses come up for renewal every two years on the birthdate of the agent.
What are the CE requirements
for each license type?
Property & Casualty agents must complete 12 CE credits every two years, one of which must be in insurance ethics.

Health & Life agents must complete 12 CE credits every two years, one of which must be in insurance ethics.

Crop only agents must complete 2 CE credits every two years.

Title only agents must complete 4 CE credits every two years.