quote_button.jpgRLI Stand-Alone Personal Umbrella

​Have you offered the liability protection that your insureds need by rec​ommending additional liability coverage? Consumers often wrongfully assume that their auto or home insurance will provide all the liability protection they need. The real​​ity is that jury awards in personal liability lawsuits are unpredictable and often exceed limits carried by insureds or maximum limits written by many companies. 

The RLI Personal Umbrella Policy (PUP) is an unsupported umbrella policy written in the standard market.  It does not require that underlying policies be underwritten by RLI.   The RLI PUP will cover operation of most motor vehicles and small watercraft, incidents involving any property covered by the basic homeowners policy, and incidents alleging slander, libel, defamation of character, invasions of privacy, and false arrest.​

To access an electronic application and rater, click here. (As signatures and payments can now be collected electronically, AScK no longer accepts paper applications.)​

  • $1 million, $2 million, $3 million and $5 million limits available.
  • Three rating tiers: Preferred, Standard, and Standard II
  • Underlying policies can be written through different companies
  • No volume requirements
  • Simple self-underwriting application
  • Reduced minimum underlying limits available for risks that do not have any youthful (under age 22) drivers in the household.
  • Provides coverage worldwide 
Now eligible for the RLI Personal Umbrella Policy:
  • Excess UM/UIM available in Kansas effective January 1, 2011
  • Drivers of any age
  • Drivers 21 and under & 80 and over can have up to 1 incident​
  • Drivers with an international license
  • Up to 1 DWI/DUI per household
  • Up to 6 moving violations and 3 at fault accidents per household
  • Up to 10 autos (+25 antique autos) per household
  • Up to 10 properties per household (5 can be rentals)
  • Up to 5 non-U.S. properties per household
To write RLI business, your agency must be appointed by RLI Insurance and maintain a minimum E&O limit of $1 million.  To obtain a complete packet, contact AScK at 1-800-229-7048 or email​.​​


Questions? AScK us today!

Phone:  1-800-229-7048

PUP Access - RLI's electronic access system is now available!  Apply for and manage policies online, including e-signature and credit card payment cababilities, billing and customer service inquiries.  Just call or e-mail AScK to get your agency set up!​

Marketing materials
that you can personalize:

RLI’s In-Home Business
RLI’s In-Home Business Policy (BOP)​ is designed for small businesses which are operated out of a person's home. An individual who conducts such an enterprise may find it difficult to find appropriate and affordable insurance through a conventional commercial lines approach. Yet, the homeowner's policy on the residence normally excludes any liability arising from "business pursuits." This product is specifically targeted for small retail and service businesses operated from the insured's residence that present minimal product liability, professional liability, and/or off-premises exposures.