Masks and Your Agency
Today, Governor Kelly released guidelines for wearing masks in public that will take effect at 12:01 a.m. on Friday, July 3, 2020. While these guidelines are issued for the state, based on the legislative action taken at the end of the 2020 session, county authorities will have the ability to create guidelines that work best for their area. So, you should monitor if your county will be following these guidelines or creating their own.
We would encourage our members to review sections 2 a.- e. which applies to Kansas businesses. Specifically, section 2a. states to wear a mask when “Employees are working in any space visited by customers or members of the public, regardless of whether anyone from the public is present at the time;”. If your agency has a lobby, conference room, or assigned room where you meet with your customers then all employees should be wearing a mask in those areas at all times, even when a customer isn’t in there. We suggest designating a space within the agency were you have your in-person agency meetings with customers.
Section 2c. is also worth noting which states a mask should be worn when “Employees are working in or walking through common areas, such as hallways, stairways, elevators, and parking facilities;”.
Based on this new Executive Order please review your agency's guidelines and modify accordingly. Below are the guidelines that KAIA has established for our employees in case you find it helpful.
Sample Office Re-opening Guidelines
Our time in the office will look different as we implement the guidelines below in an effort to provide the safest environment possible and to comply with state/county orders. Below are the agency guidelines that must be adhered to:
- First and foremost, if you are not feeling good please do not come to the office. Coordinate with your supervisor about either working from home or taking the day off. We have purchased a non-contact thermometer and would ask that upon entering the building you take your temperature. If your temperature is above 100 degrees, please let us know and return home immediately.
- On your desks, you will find hand sanitizer and Clorox wipes. I ask that before you leave each day that you wipe down your office including doorknobs and anything you come into contact with throughout the day.
- When in common areas of the office such as hallways, kitchen areas, bathrooms, conference rooms, and lobby I ask that you wear a mask. We are providing two washable masks.
- Your office is your space so feel free not to wear a mask while in your personal office. Please be respectful of your colleagues and do not enter their space and a mask should be worn if you are unable to maintain six-foot distance except for infrequent or incidental moments of closer proximity while in individual offices. Any face-to-face meetings will be held in the upstairs conference room where tables will be set up six feet apart.
- Please keep a safe six feet of distance between you and others.
- We are asking that everyone practice good personal hygiene. Wash your hands, avoid touching your face, and cover all coughs and sneezes.
- Mail and deliveries will be left in the front entryway in a tote.
- Any visitors will be required to sign in at the front desk and temperature taken.
- Staff and customer meetings will be held only in the upstairs conference room. Even while alone in the conference room a mask should be worn.