Will Larson has represented the KAIA for over 30 years and has been an insurance attorney for nearly 40 years. Beginning in 2013, Will decided to retire from the insurance defense litigation part of his practice and limit his practice to solely representing KAIA and providing legal assistance to the association's members. Although still a partner in his law firm, Larson and Blumreich Chartered, Will actually maintains an office in the KAIA building in order to be as accessible as possible to KAIA members.
Below is a partial list of some of the legal services available to KAIA members.
- Answering member's questions regarding insurance law to include:
- E&O issues
- Contract issues
- Regulatory (Insurance Department) issues
- Insurance policy coverage issues and interpretations
- Issues pertaining to Kansas Tort law
- Reviewing agency contracts
- Reviewing and preparing buy-sell agreements
- Preparing insurance cluster agreements for multiple agencies
- Giving continuing education presentations to agencies or groups of agencies on various topics, e.g. contract liability coverage, certificates of insurance, E&O risk management etc.
- Providing information on Kansas insurance statutes and regulations
- Providing information on pending insurance-related legislation
- Conducting E&O audits sanctioned by Swiss Re which allows agencies to obtain multi-year credits on their E&O coverage.
Members may use the Legal Hotline service free of charge for up to one hour per year. Additional advice or legal representation will be charged at a discounted hourly rate. All inquiries will remain confidential.
Pursuant to Will's agreement with the KAIA, any charges for Will's services are paid to KAIA and therefore benefit the association.
In need of legal services?
To ask a question through KAIA's Legal Hotline, member agencies may send Will an email or call (800) 229-7048.