Below is a partial list of some of the legal services available to KAIA members.
- Answering member's questions regarding insurance law to include:
- E&O issues
- Contract issues
- Regulatory (Insurance Department) issues
- Insurance policy coverage issues and interpretations
- Issues pertaining to Kansas Tort law
- Reviewing agency contracts
- Reviewing buy-sell agreements
- Preparing insurance cluster agreements for multiple agencies
- Giving continuing education presentations to agencies or groups of agencies on various topics, e.g. contract liability coverage, certificates of insurance, E&O risk management, etc.
- Providing information on Kansas insurance statutes and regulations
- Providing information on pending insurance-related legislation
- Conducting E&O audits sanctioned by Swiss Re which allows agencies to obtain multi-year credits on their E&O coverage.
Members may use the Legal Hotline service free of charge for up to one hour per year. Additional advice or legal representation will be charged at a discounted hourly rate. All inquiries will remain confidential.