Member Benefits and Rates
We believe independent insurance agents serve customers best. Simply put? We believe in you! That's why we have a strong commitment to champion you in all we do and provide the resources you need to be your very best.
Leading an agency comes with challenges. You don't have to face them alone. Join our community so we can have your back.
High-quality education on not only routine topics but emerging issues, with member discounts.
Market access programs through the Agency Services Corporation of Kansas to personal and commercial lines markets with no volume commitments, and opportunities for direct appointments.
Designed for agents, by agents, KAIA/ASCK offers members a comprehensive agent E&O program administered locally by your association.
Our Government Affairs team safeguards your interests in the halls of Congress and state legislatures, actively working to protect your business and safeguard your customers.
Save on services you’ll use in your agency daily with discounts to our members for a wide variety of useful programs.
Stay up to date via your print subscription to Big I's Independent Agent magazine and our bi-monthly magazine, KIA&B. Our contributors actively work in the insurance industry.
Grow your networking and receive special member rates for KAIA-hosted events and training opportunities, including our Rural & Small Agent Conference, Kansas’ largest independent agent event.
To assist our members with legal and regulatory questions, we provide our members with a legal hotline, staffed by Kansas' most noteworthy insurance lawyer, Will Larson.
Differentiate your agency from the competition when you leverage our reach, expertise and savvy to grow your business. Use the Trusted Choice® national independent brand, tap-into our experts for digital reviews and custom resources and attract new clients.
Agencies join KAIA for different reasons.
We think we're just like you; the right blend of forward-thinking innovators and get-it-done workhorses.
When your agency becomes a member, your entire team gains access to KAIA benefits. This helps them help you grow. We're standing by, ready to support your agency!
It's EASY to get started
KAIA's Agency Members
- Agency Members are independent agents under the American Agency System and represent companies recognizing by contract the ownership by the agency of its expiration and renewals (except with respect to life insurance renewals).
- Engage in any or all types of insurance business with the ability to represent or place insurance with multiple carriers.
- Own a majority of its expirations in lines of business for which it is customary that independent agents have an ownership interest in the expirations and/or renewal rights; or in the case of a surplus lines agency, have control of the business it writes.
- Not be affiliated or under common ownership with any insurance agency that does not comply with the above.
- Each member agency is entitled to only one vote at any annual or special meeting of the membership and the agency member may designate the person to represent the agency in person or by proxy.