Kansas Association of Insurance Agents Elected New Board Members
Topeka, Kansas - Feb. 4, 2021 - The Kansas Association of Independent Agents (KAIA) installed its 2021 Officers and Board of Directors at its annual membership meeting held virtually on Feb. 3, 2021. Membership approved KAIA’s 2021 leaders and Big “I” CEO, Bob Rusbuldt performed the installation of KAIA’s officers. The 2021 officers and board members include:
- President: Doug Smart, Smart Insurance
- President-Elect: Jo Erin Stuteville, Elliott Group
- VP/Treasurer: Lucas Raleigh, Raleigh Insurance Agency
- Secretary/Asst. Treasurer: Josh Goodman, Haas & Wilkerson
- National Director: Cindy Hower, Kellerman Insurance, Inc.
- Immediate Past President: Kristy Wilson, Kellerman Insurance, Inc.
- Zone 1 Director: Shawn Myers, Keller Leopold Insurance, Inc.
- Zone 2 Director: Bryan Schmitz, SBS Insurance Agency
- Director-At-Large: Brock Elliott, Elliott Group
- Director-At-Large: Kevin O’Brien, The Reilly Company
- Director-At-Large: David Sanders, IMA Select, LLC.
- Director-At-Large: David Vogel, ProValue Insurance, LLC.
- Young Agents Committee Representative: Bryce Hundley, Hundley Insurance Services
“As KAIA celebrates its 100-year anniversary we recognized how blessed we have been with strong leaders focused on positioning the association to help agents succeed,” said KAIA Executive Director, Dave Hulcher. “We welcome Doug Smart as our new president and thank our immediate past-president, Kristy Wilson for her leadership through a unique year. Holding our annual meeting and officer installation virtually was a change from our normal tradition - another example of how we have evolved to connect with our members during the pandemic to keep moving the association forward.”
The KAIA Officers and Board of Directors set the direction for the association in carrying out its mission of promoting the value of the Kansas independent agency system while providing the resources that aid in the success of members.
“It is an honor to follow in the footsteps of so many great agents to lead KAIA,” stated newly installed KAIA President, Doug Smart. “Being part of the association has helped my business succeed and provided me with the opportunity to meet so many great people. I look forward to working closely with our members and staff in 2021.”
More information about KAIA, its Board of Directors, and special committees can be found at kaia.com.
About the Kansas Association of Insurance Agents
Founded in 1920, KAIA represents more than 320 independent insurance agencies and branches in Kansas. Its members are small businesses that employ more than 2,200 licensed agents throughout the state. As independent agents, KAIA members offer consumers all lines of insurance, including property, casualty, life, health, employee benefit plans, and retirement products.