Important Rate Revision Information for the RLI Personal Umbrella Program
In keeping with market and claim trends, RLI Personal Umbrella will be revising rates in most states in 2023. This change will mainly focus on the minimum underlying automobile limits that clients agree to maintain throughout their policy term, though in certain states additional pricing factors will be adjusted. In addition, our policy provisions from 2022 have been approved in Florida, and all applications will be updated.
Florida (Effective 6/1/2023 for new and renewal business)
Rate change of 13.7% overall impact:
- Introduction of Minimum Underlying Automobile Limit B (250/500/50, 300/300/50, or 300 CSL (325 in TX)) surcharge of 15%;
- Addition of a surcharge of 10% for any policy with a driver age 70-79 (which was effective last year in nearly all states); and
- Increasing the surcharge for any policy with a driver age 80+ by 10%, bringing it in line with nearly all states at 30%.
- Gets FL onto the policy provisions that all states except NY have been on since 2022;
- Applications will also be updated to coincide with this change;
- The RLI Producer Portal and PUP Access system will have the correct versions of applications/forms at all times.
All other states* (Effective 7/1/2023 for new and renewal business):
Overall rate change of ~10% in approved states
- Introduction of Minimum Underlying Automobile Limit B (250/500/50, 300/300/50, or 300 CSL (325 in TX)) of 15%;
- In order to implement this surcharge, base rates were increased or decreased slightly depending on the state. This means that some clients may receive an overall decrease in premium.
- Applications will also be updated to coincide with this change.
*CA, DC, NJ and RI have not approved our rate filing as of this writing. We will notify you when each is approved.
Applications will be updated everywhere EXCEPT NY as of 7/1/23 (FL 6/1/23 as detailed above). We will notify you of the approval of our NY form filing as soon as we are made aware, and the applications and forms will be updated as of that approved effective date.
As always, please utilize the RLI Producer Portal and the PUP Access system for the correct versions of the rates and applications. We are unable to accept prior application versions for policies written on/after the effective dates listed above.