Bison Insurance Group Adds New Shareholder Members of Bainswest
The Bison Insurance Group, an insurance agency partnership located in Kansas, and their member agencies agreed to become shareholder members of Bainswest. This agreement has been ratified by the shareholders of Bainswest and Bison Insurance Group today.
The member agencies of Bison Insurance Group include:
- Renn & Company—Wellington
- Al Shank Insurance—Liberal
- Tyner Insurance Group—Emporia, Wamego, Council Grove, Rossville, Manhattan
- Kellerman Insurance—Holton
- Heritage Insurance Group—Stockton, Phillipsburg, Logan
- Saylor Insurance Services—Sabetha, Seneca
- Cardinal Insurance—Manhattan, Junction City
- Raleigh Insurance—Little River, Inman, Lyons, Manhattan
- Truly Insurance (formerly known as Linn County Insurance) –
- LaCygne, Mound City, Pleasanton, Garnett
- Porter Spears & Bundy – Ottawa
- Bison Insurance Group, LLC—Group Entity—equally owned by the members above
“We are excited to strengthen the Bison Group’s ability to serve our insureds by becoming members of Bainswest. We now have the strength of 31 agencies working together with our company partners,” exclaimed Cindy Hower, owner of Kellerman Insurance.
“All of the agency members of the Bison Insurance Group have been long-term leaders of the KAIA,” said Dave Hulcher, KAIA’s Executive Director. “We look forward to continuing to support them as they transition to Bainswest. They know that we will always be here to advocate on their behalf and to help their agencies succeed well into the future.”
The transition of agency contracts and codes to Bainswest began immediately with an effective date of January 1, 2021.
About Bison Insurance Group
Bison Insurance Group was formed in 2013 by five current and former Presidents of the Kansas Association of Independent Agents to strengthen member agencies ’ ability to serve their clients and to enhance their relationships with the insurance companies they represent. Bison members operate 10 agencies with 20 physical locations across Kansas. www.bisoninsgroup.com
Bainswest was formed in 1995 in Oklahoma by former presidents and board members of the Independent Insurance Agents of Oklahoma to allow member agencies to better serve their clients and enhance relationships with insurance companies. Since, Bainswest has added members in Arkansas, Missouri, and Texas with 21 member agencies and 50 physical locations. Bainswest is recognized as the 18th Largest Agency Partnership in the US by the Insurance Journal. www.bainswest.com