2023 Annual Convention Recap
Last week, KAIA hosted its Annual Convention at the Hyatt Regency in Wichita, and it turned out to be a record year for the event. It was an exciting two and a half days with 15 classes; networking at the Brass Taproom plus 7 hospitality rooms, a casino party and making new friends; engaging in meaningful conversations with any of the over 600 attendees or 78 exhibitors! Thanks to all our members and Industry Partners for making this such an amazing event! We hope to see you all next year in Wichita, February 5-7, 2024!
KAIA Industry Award Winners Announced
KAIA's Annual Convention offered a lively, inspiring, and rewarding environment for all who attended this year, with plenty of networking opportunities, continuing education credit, presentations from expert speakers, and recognition of industry stand-outs.
Each year at the convention, industry leaders are introduced and recognized with annual insurance industry awards. Convention events included a welcome reception with industry partners, exceptional guest speakers, a night out mingling at the Brass Taproom, and so much more.
Our 2022 award winners included:
- Agent of the Year: Maria Dressman, Elliott Group
- Distinguished Service Award: Doug Smart, Smart Insurance
- Company Rep of the Year: Casey Hart, JenCap Insurance Services
- Outstanding Young Agent: Bryce Hundley, Hundley Insurance Services
- Outstanding Account Manager: Haley Marsicek, Cardinal Insurance
KAIA's Executive Director Dave Hulcher expressed his pride in the award winners: "There are so many amazing people within the Kansas insurance agent community, and we'd like to congratulate this year's winners. It is a privilege to showcase their dedication, proficiency, and sheer hard work. Thank you for all that you do for our industry and KAIA. They are all well deserved!"
Nominations are now being accepted for the 2023 Industry Awards. Submissions are accepted through November 1, 2023. To learn more about the award process and make your nomination, visit: https://www.kaia.com/industry-awards/
KAIA Elected New Board Members
The Kansas Association of Independent Agents (KAIA) installed its 2023 Officers and Board of Directors at its annual membership meeting held at its Annual Convention, February 6, 2023. Membership approved KAIA's 2023 leaders, and Big "I" National Chairman Mike McBride installed KAIA's officers. The 2023 officers and board members include:
- President: Lucas Raleigh, Raleigh Insurance Agency
- President-Elect: Kevin O’Brien, The Reilly Company
- VP/Treasurer: Bryan Schmitz, SBS Insurance Agency
- Secretary/Asst. Treasurer: Dave Sanders, IMA Select, LLC
- National Director: Cindy Hower, Kellerman Insurance, Inc.
- Immediate Past President: Jo Erin Stuteville, Elliott Group
- Zone 1 Director: Shelby Doty. Insurance Planning, Inc.
- Zone 2 Director: Bryce Hundley, Hundley Insurance Services
- Director-At-Large: Brock Elliott, Elliott Group
- Director-At-Large: Cristi Werth, TWI Insurance Services, Inc.
- Director-At-Large: Scott Strickland, CommunityAmerica Insurance Agency, LLC
- Director-At-Large: David Vogel, ProValue Insurance, LLC
- Young Agents Committee Representative: Zach Renn, Stephens-Chapin Insurance
"We were blessed to have Big "I" Chairman, Mike McBride, install our officers! We welcome Lucas Raleigh as our new president and thank Jo Erin Stuteville for her guidance and passion over the past year," said KAIA's Executive Director Dave Hulcher. "Lucas is an astute and active leader for KAIA and within his community and will keep the association moving forward to meet the challenges of our members."
The KAIA Officers and Board of Directors set the direction for the association in carrying out its mission of promoting the value of the Kansas independent agency system while providing the resources that aid in the success of members.
More information about KAIA, its Board of Directors, and special committees can be found at kaia.com.